Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we hope that you have noticed examples during your previous visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed to provide care that is both safe and comfortable. We would like to tell you more about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team members safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely monitor the activities and guidance of these agencies to ensure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Merry Dental, like the rest of the world, will look very different when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and team members. Here are some of the things that we are doing:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask specific screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at your appointment and also have your temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer.
- We ask that you please arrive to your appointment wearing YOUR OWN MASK.
- We ask that patients do not bring others into the office, unless they are parents or guardians of patients who are minors or have special needs. If someone accompanies a patient, they will be asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use upon entering our office. You will also find sanitizer throughout our office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, newspapers or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our staff will be wearing additional PPE such as gowns, N95 masks and face shields. Because of the additional PPE, our office may be kept cooler than usual so please dress accordingly.
- We have added medical grade HEPA air purifiers, a UV sanitizing wand, and a disinfecting fogger.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. At this time we will be prioritizing and contacting patients with urgent dental needs.
Thank you for being a part of our Merry Dental Care family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Jean Merry and the Team at Merry Dental Care